THIS QUALIFICATION IS FULLY FUNDED FOR LEARNERS MEETING THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA. Please see Eligibility Criteria section for details.
The Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools is regulated by Ofqual and Awarded through NCFE CACHE. The qualification aims to develop the knowledge and understanding that all staff working in a school setting will require. It is suitable for those interested or already working in a school support staff role, including teaching assistants, MSAs, caretakers, administrators and site staff.
The qualification covers understanding of the school system, structure and underpinning policies/legislations, safeguarding, communication with adults, children and young people and how children and young people develop.
Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools
- UNIT 1 - Child and young person development
- UNIT 2 - Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- UNIT 3 - Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- UNIT 4- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- UNIT 5 - Schools as Organisations