THIS COURSE IS FULLY FUNDED FOR LEARNERS MEETING THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS COURSE ARE NOW OPEN. THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 1ST NOV 2019, this will be the last enrolment for the 2019/20 academic year.
The Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools has been designed to provide learners with an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school or college environments. It covers a wide range of areas including children and young people’s development, supporting children and young people’s positive behaviour and communication and professional relationships.
It’s aimed at learners working in roles that support pupils’ learning in primary, secondary or special schools, as well as colleges.
All learners will be required to provide an appropriate mentor within their school. The mentor will support the learners and verify their practice within the classroom.
All learners are required to be observed undertaking their duties in the classroom, this will normally be undertaken by the assessor, however, for learners outside of our operating area (Norfolk, Suffolk and the surrounding areas), this observation will need to be undertaken by the mentor or another appropriate person within the school.
Unfortunately, we CANNOT fund learners living in the follow devolved areas:
Greater London, Greater Manchester, Greater Birmingham & Solihull, Coventry & Warwickshire, Black Country, Liverpool City Region, Cheshire & Warrington, Tees Valley, West of England (Bath, NE Somerset, Bristol, South Gloucestershire), Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, Sheffield (inc, Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham), North East (Newcastle upon Tyne, North Tyneside, Northumberland).
Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- UNIT 1 - Child and young person development
- UNIT 2 - Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- UNIT 3 - Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- UNIT 4 - Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- UNIT 5 - Schools as Organisations
- UNIT 6 - Help improve own and team practice in schools
- UNIT 7 - Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- UNIT 8 - Support children and young people’s health and safety
- UNIT 9 - Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- UNIT 10 - Support learning activities
- OPTIONAL UNIT