This qualification provides learners with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments. It covers all aspects of specialist support, including: planning; delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher; bilingual support; special needs support; and personal development and reflective practice.
It is aimed at learners working in roles that offer specialist support for pupils’ learning in primary, secondary or special schools, as well as colleges.
As with all our qualifications, the Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is a fully accredited qualification recognised by schools across England.
As learners need to show competence in both skills and knowledge, they will need to be working or be on a practical placement during the taught programme of study in a learning environment (school or college). At Diploma level, CACHE recommends that the learner undertakes an 200 hours of placement in a real work environment. This equates to roughly 6 hours per week over an academic year.
UNFORTUNATELY, THIS COURSE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING
Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
All units in this qualification are mandatory.
- STL3C1 Schools and colleges as organisations
- STL3C2 Support health and safety in a learning environment
- STL3C3 Understand how to safeguard children and young people
- STL3C4 Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- STL3C5 Understand how children and young people develop
- STL3C6 Support positive behaviour in children and young people
- STL3C7 Support children and young people during learning activities
- STL3C8 Support English and Maths skills
- STL3C9 Support the use of ICT in the learning environment
- STL3C10 Support assessment for learning
- STL3C11 Engage in personal and professional development
- STL3D12 Support children and young people’s speech, language and communication
- STL3D13 Understand how to support bilingual learners
- STL3D14 Understand how to support learning of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities