The Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants is aimed at learners who are employed and experienced in a teaching assistant role who wish to progress to Higher Level Teaching Assistant status.
The purpose of the course is to develop learners' knowledge, understanding and skills to enable them to address the challenges that they meet in their workplace. They will also develop an understanding of the knowledge required to support individuals and small groups and to support individuals with a range of additional needs.
As with all our qualifications, the Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants (RQF) is a fully accredited qualification recognised by schools across England. The awarding body for this qualification is TQUK
UNFORTUNATELY, THIS COURSE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING
Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants
- UNIT 1 - Understand the Higher Level Teaching Assistant role
- UNIT 2 - Child development and welfare
- UNIT 3 - Awareness of Special Educational Needs
- UNIT 4 - Promoting positive behaviour in children and young people
- UNIT 5 - Providing support for individual learners and small groups
- UNIT 6 - Develop skills to promote positive working relationships
- UNIT 7 - Curriculum planning, delivery and assessment
You will be observed by your school 3 times of part of the course. The observations may take place in any order and will be at a date and time of your choosing. The observations must cover the following:
- OBSERVATION 1 - Individual learners
- OBSERVATION 2 - Small groups
- OBSERVATION 3 - Whole classes
One observation must involve supporting children and young people to develop problems solving skills, collaborative learning and finding information using ICT.
Learners are required to complete approximately 6-8 hours independent study per week.